VINPOCETINE | WHAT EXACTLY CAN I EXPECT?
January 5, 2018
Vinpocetine is a derivative of the alkaloid vincamine. Like vincamine, it is found in small amounts in the seeds of periwinkle as well as other plants, such as voaconga and Crioceras longiflorus. Throughout the world, vincamine has been used to treat senile dementia with significant success. Studies have found vinpocetine to demonstrate many of the same functions as those of vincamine, but without the side effects. Moreover, it has been shown to be at least two times (and up to three or four times) more potent than vincamine for improving cerebral circulation, memory, and other functions in humans. No interactions with pharmaceutical drugs have been reported.
What benefits can I expect?
Acclaim for vinpocetine's use is widespread throughout the world - in Europe, Japan, Korea, China, and elsewhere. Unequivocally, vinpocetine has some extraordinary characteristics. There is strong evidence that vinpocetine can help:
- Improve memory, long- and short-term
- Enhance alertness, awareness, and preparedness
- Act as a neuroprotector
- Prevent or reverse ischemic (lack of oxygen) damage to brain, muscle, liver, and elsewhere
- Diminish senile cerebral dysfunction
Improve Hearing Function
- Prevent or relieve hearing loss due to various causes
- Prevent or relieve tinnitus (ringing/buzzing in the ears)
- Prevent or relieve vertigo (dizziness)
Improve Visual Function
- Improve night vision
- Improve wound healing of eyes due to burns
- Prevent or relieve glaucoma
- Prevent or improve age-related macular decline
Improve Cardiovascular Function
- Diminish atherosclerotic plaque
- Improve cardiac output and nutritive blood flow to various organs
- Improve dilation of blood vessels
- Increase the flexibility of red blood cells
- Scavenge toxic metals in the body, such as aluminum and lead
This makes vinpocetine an ideal candidate not only for the improvement and prevention of certain disease processes in need of increased blood flow and oxygenation, but also for athletes who want to enhance their performance by increasing brain oxygenation, such as skiers, mountain climbers, and high-altitude hikers!
Posted in News By Element Nutraceuticals